Every day volunteers work together to help provide our most vulnerable older adults with fresh fruits and vegetables with their meals.
Testimonial from beneficiaries….
- “MOM has enabled us to go creative. Try a baked potato smothered with this delicious sauce: Onion, tomato, zucchini all simmered with garlic powder and other favorite seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer about 20 minutes. Pour over a baked potato with butter and more chopped onions. Yummy. Thank you, MOM, for healthy deliciousness.”
- “Being diabetic, the fresh produce helps keep my sugar levels more even. I would not buy these on my own because of money, transportation and having a walker. I can only carry so much. Thank you again.”
- “I am going to have a vegetable day once a week. They make meals more delicious and balanced. The vegetables help prevent cancer – especially the baby carrots and onions. Since they are high in fiber, they also fill you up and not out.”
- “I love the oranges and other fruit, plus the onions and potatoes. I make a soup with them once a week. Love the bell peppers; I use everything in the soups, then share with friends.”
- “This is the only fresh food I get unless I impose on a neighbor.”
- “Getting the fruits and vegetables has been very helpful. The elderly find it very difficult or impossible to get to a store. The nourishment is also so important. Thank you so much for all you do. It’s so appreciated!”
- “The fresh additions to my diet give me thought-provoking incentive to cook a little for myself.”
- “With grocery prices so high, we can’t afford to buy many (fruits and vegetables), and I certainly do appreciate getting the bag you send each week.”
- “I use the extra veggies and fruits for evening meals as salads, plus breakfast additions. It’s nice to have a snack that is healthy and filling.”